Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It is that time of year when we start with the hustle and bustle of getting gifts and spending time with family. We often forget the true meaning of christmas. We get caught up in the worldly Idea of Christmas. I have been trying to focus on the true meaning of christmas this year and keep him in my heart and thoughts. I have been listening to Michale MeLean's "the forgotten carols" lately and I think there is a perfact song off of there that will help us remember the true meaning if Christmas.. it is called The Shepherd

The flock was more than peaceful, the night was dark and deep.
The stillness wrapped around me, I drifted off to sleep.
And when my friend's awoke me, Oh what a tale they had to tell.
They said the angle's told them about a new born king.
They had a star to guide them, they heard the angles sing.
They said that when they found him. they knew they'd never be the same.
Somehow I did beleive them, though every thing I knew Said I should not beleive them.
This story can't be true,
but there was something magic in the air that made me feel as if I had been there
I asked a thousand questions their answers startled me
the more I heard the more I though I knew this could not be.
And then the strugle started my head was wrestling with my heart.
Why would a God from heaven come to the world this way
Why in a lowly stable would the mesiah lay?
I shook my head and asked them to tell the story one more time
And yes I did beleive them, though I'd not seen a thing
I did not go to bethlehem or hear the angles sing
but there was something magic in the air that made me feel as if I had been there.
I knew that as the work moves on through time there would be more stories just like mine
Bout the souls who've chosen to beleive in something that they never got to see
and do you think you'll join us though you've not seen a thing?
You were not there in Bethlehem or heard the angles sing
but if you feel the spirit in the air then just like me you'll know
that he was here.
the King of King's and Lord of Lord's was here
and he will come again cause he was here.

I hope this helps bring the spirit into your lives for the holiday seasons. I always feel the spirit very strongly when I listen to that cd. And I do know that it's true, he was here and he will come again and we need to remember him in our every day doings.
Happy Holidays everyone!

1 comment:

Janessa said...

I love The Forgotten Carols. In fact, we're going to read it this season! So glad you shared!